Thursday, February 22, 2007

swimming madness


I was swimming my usual pattern at the pool yesterday: crawl 2 lengths, use the kick board for 2 lengths, breath stroke 2 lengths, use the kick board for 2 lengths, when the guy next to me in the other lane decides to steal my kick board!! I only realised once I got back to the other end of the pool. I was dumbfounded – now these floaties are for everyone to use – you take them out of the wire cage and then put them back when you have finished, but this guy couldn’t be bothered to get his own so decided to take mine (which he saw I was using). I asked him
‘did you take the kick board from my lane?’
and he said
‘yes’
I said
‘well you saw I was using it why didn’t you take another one from the cage?’
his reply was
‘well there there for everyone to use’
I looked at him with complete disbelief on my face and he got me another kickboard! Didn’t give me back mine?
I was in the sauna after my swim and he came in huffing and puffing like most men do in the sauna (why????) and I left.
You rude man!

5 Comments:

Blogger Naomi said...

Just you think yourself lucky: our pool doesn't provide kickboards for everyone to use. We have to bring our own, which other people still borrow without asking! Neither does our pool have a sauna .. the whole thing is just in the Townsville open air, which my friend from Finland describes as just like a sauna that has started to cool down.

11:49 pm  
Blogger tunabake said...

i must admit swimming in the sun and warm water doesn't really appeal. i will remember what you said i see that rude man again, this time i won't kick water in his face. xcx

9:20 am  
Blogger kookie said...

god you crack me up claire...those comments are so claire-esque. Funny you should talk about swimmming...only yesterday was saying to P that I should get some private lessons to keep fit and swimming is something you can do anywhere...x

3:55 am  
Blogger archikeat said...

Very cute illustration there! Was that drawn using computer?

6:15 am  
Blogger tunabake said...

yes it was used drawing a REALLY crude word 'paint' programme - drawing with a mouse is very hard!

10:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker