Wednesday, November 16, 2005

scissor happy

hairdressers never fail to baffle me. why do they insist of taking too much hair off of your head? you would think they wouldn't take too much off so you would have to visit more regularly.

i had my hair cut yesterday, thought it was getting too 'boofy' so wanted the weight cut out. when the hairdresser said 'your hair is going to look s-o-o-o funky when i am finished!' i should have known it was going to be hacked to pieces.

to be fair it doesn't look too bad now after i washed it and flattened the 'old lady' look out. i was almost in tears by the end as i discovered she had cut a huge chunk out of my fringe (that i had been growing for months), when i showed my dismay at her 'cutting a huge chunk out of my fringe she said 'it was textured, and when it had 'product' in it, it would look fine' i was visibley upset and i must say almost in tears when she had finished her massacre.

i will never again let a hairdresser touch my fringe and what exactly does TEXTURED mean?

no photo as i have to wait for my hair to grow a little before it is shown to the world.

listening to 'sarah blasko' - overture & the underscore (australian singer/songwriter). i loved the 2 singles from this album, so far the rest of the album is taking a while to get into but slowly it is winning me over.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr E said...

I have seen this hair. It is most lovely.

1:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I know the heartbreak! For me, going to the hairdresser is like going to the dentist...I shiver at the thought... In my experience, hairdressing hasn't changed since my first disturbing memory of it at 6 years old. Back then I protested hysterically at having my fringe cut 2 inches above my brows... I still have no voice in the chair. Now I cut my own fringe and dye my own hair, just the way I like it. But too, I think it really is never as bad to others as it is for us. Like Mr E, I am sure you're still looking gorgeous. Ange

12:01 pm  
Blogger Alison Ashwell said...

What a nightmare - hairdressers can be real sadists and they never seem to cut off the amount they are supposed to.
When my friend was upset after a disaster the hair dresser said,"Your problem is that I'm a hairdresser not a plastic surgeon"

3:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker