Saturday, July 07, 2007

my 33rd birthday

a day full of fun, food and culture:

first off we went to see the antony gormley exhibition at the hayward gallery. what an amazing exhibition; a mixture of interactive installations and works on paper.

ed sneaking behind a room full of cement stuctures

one of the 27 figures dotted throughout the southbank standing on top of buildings - they look like they are about to jump or do they look like they are observing? a very strange sight for those who don't know that they are sculptures.

this was our favourite part of the exhibition; a room full of mist and light so you cannot see more than 5 centimetres infront of you. it was very moist and my shoes got wet and my hair frizzed but what an experience, a must if you are visiting london before 19th august.

and then for lunch we went to my favourite patisserie laduree a full lunch including a wonderful sandwich with the crusts cut off and my favourite sweet: macaroons mmmmm mmmmm oh and some delicious tea. this shop is just amazing; look at this picture, i want to frame it!

me with tea
ed with a gormet macaroon

and my plate mid-way through a plate full of macaroons

and then in the evening ed surprised me with tickets to shakespeares's globe; 'the merchant of venice', it was 3 hours long but a great experience (thankfully we hired cushions, but my back was still tired after the long sit with no back support - how did they cope?)
the end of a wonderfull day :)

1 Comments:

Blogger kookie said...

sounds lovely...glad you had such a great day.

still not convinced on those macaroons things though - just too sweet for me...talk soon, k x

12:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker